According to Feeding America, 108 billion pounds of food are wasted every year in the US – that equals 219 pounds of food per person.
– Add leftovers to a “catchall” recipe
– Start composting
– Make broth from veggie scraps
– Old bread makes good croutons, just cut them to size, coat with olive oil and dry in the oven at a low temperature
– “Use by” dates do not indicate when a product is unsafe to consume only when it’s at its best flavor or quality
– Don’t shop while you’re hungry
– Revive wilting veggies with cold water