Facilities and Office
First Congregational Church, Boulder, UCC (the Church) is a regional congregation drawing members from beyond Boulder County. The Church is a Progressive Christian church committed to faith as a journey, compassionate service, and inclusion of all.
Summary: The role of the Facilities and Office Manager is to serve the individual members and collective body of the Church in navigating the facilities and stewardship needs of the church. While welcoming guests and answering the phone, this role has responsibility for maintaining the church building to meet the needs and mission of the church. The Facilities and Office Manager coordinates closely with volunteer committees including the Board of Management, Finance, Stewardship and others as applicable. The Facilities and Office Manager reports to the Senior Minister. This is a 25 hours per week position.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Facilities Management –
- Manages the Church facility and building resources in coordination with Board of Management so that it supports the needs of the congregation and tenants while also being utilized in the mission of the church.
- Promotes and integrates covenants of the church in the way that the building is maintained and managed in coordination with relevant boards and ministries.
- Keeps track of building maintenance and use in coordination with property management company and the Church.
- Acts as primary liaison with the property management company to ensure that facilities are well maintained.
- Tracks and manages personnel that support the Audio-Visual needs of the church.
- Manages cleaning crew and Day Porters.
- Coordinates with users of the building including church committees, weddings, memorial services, small groups and rentals.
- Manages office equipment, computer equipment, on-line doors system, HVAC System, and phone system.
Stewardship and Bookkeeping Support-
- Aids in the monitoring of policies and procedures that preserve the church’s assets and financial and operating strategies that promote the Church’s mission.
- Manages ACS Realm Database including both data entry and reporting.
- Counts and secures incoming cash and deposits in bank.
- Deposits checks with check reader.
- Approves reimbursement requests and assures financial policies are followed
- Assists Stewardship Committee with reports and mailings
- Reconciles ACS Realm records with Accounting System in coordination with accountant
- Reconciles ACS Realm records with Bank Statements
- Coordinates and reconciles a variety of ways to receive payments including, Text to Give, Paypal, Square payments.
- Coordinates banking transactions as directed by Finance and Endowment Committees.
- Answers questions from congregants regarding their pledges
Office Administration –
- Greets visitors and answers the phone
- Assists volunteers with office equipment
- Photocopies for board meetings and small group leaders
- Troubleshoots issues with office equipment
- Opens and Distributes mail
- Maintains Membership Records in Realm Database, including Visitors, Birthdates, Baptisms, Weddings, and Deaths
- Purchases and organizes office supplies for use by staff and volunteers
- Manages quarterly parking invoices
- Maintains an orderly and welcoming office space
Communications Support –
- Collects and coordinates content for weekly bulletin and then produces it
- Provides backup to ensure content is uploaded to website
- Responds to requests from parishioners including production of name tags
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Experienced managing coordination of an active office with a variety of constituents
- Experience managing a membership database
- Experience with Bookkeeping and managing deposits, reconciling accounts
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly including security systems, phone, office equipment, HVAC systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication
- Approachable demeanor and a genuine care for people
- Diversity awareness and cultural competency
- Self awareness and knowledge as relates to appropriate boundaries
- Organization and project management skills
- Experience managing vendors and consultants
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality around sensitive topics
- Ability to act in accordance with strong moral principles and trustworthiness
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.