Office and Facilities Manager
First Congregational Church, Boulder, United Church of Christ (the Church), is a regional congregation drawing members from Boulder County and beyond. We are a progressive Christian congregation committed to faith as a journey, compassionate service, and inclusion of all. Six Covenants, in addition to our Membership Covenant, guide our life together: Inclusive Language, Just Peace, Whole Earth (care for all creation), Open and Affirming (full inclusion of LGBTQ persons), A2A (Accessible to All), and WISE (welcoming, inclusive, supportive, and engaged in mental health).
Summary: The role of the Office and Facilities Manager is to serve the individual members and collective body of the Church in navigating the facilities and stewardship needs of the church. This person has responsibility for supervising and supporting the church’s accounting and communications staff, receiving, securing, and reporting all incoming financial resources to the church, coordinating with the the church’s management company to oversee maintenance of the church building to meet the needs and mission of the church, welcoming guests to the building, and answering the phone. The Office and Facilities Manager supports the work of volunteer committees including the Board of Management, Finance, Stewardship and others as applicable. The Office and Facilities and Office Manager reports directly to the Senior Minister. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Manages the Church facility and building resources in coordination with Board of Management so that it supports the needs of the congregation and tenants while also being utilized in the mission of the church.
- Promotes and integrates covenants of the church in the way that the building is maintained and managed in coordination with relevant boards and ministries.
- Works closely with the church’s Tenant Relations Committee and Facilities Committee and attends meetings of these groups.
- Keeps track of building maintenance and use in coordination with the property management company and the Church.
- Acts as primary liaison with the property management company to ensure that facilities are well maintained.
- Tracks and manages personnel that support the Audio-Visual needs of the church.
- Manages and schedules cleaning crew and Day Porters.
- Coordinates with users of the building including church committees, weddings, memorial services, small groups and rentals.
- Manages office equipment, computer equipment, on-line doors system, HVAC System, and phone system.
Stewardship and Bookkeeping Support-
- Aids in the monitoring of policies and procedures that preserve the church’s assets and financial and operating strategies that promote the Church’s mission.
- Manages our Realm Database including both data entry and reporting
- Counts, secures, and records incoming cash, checks, transfers of stock, and annuity gifts.
- Assures financial policies are followed
- Brings deposits to the bank
- Assists Stewardship Committee with reports and mailings
- Coordinates and reconciles a variety of ways to receive payments including, Text to Give, Vanco, and Square payments
- Coordinates banking transactions as directed by Finance and Endowment Committees
- Attends monthly meetings of the Finance Committee
- Attends Board of Management, Endowment, and Stewardship Committee meetings on an occasional basis.
- Maintains and facilitates an electronic record of minutes from all church meetings
- Maintains Membership Records, including Visitors, Birthdates, Baptisms, Weddings, and Deaths and works with the Membership Committee to assist in visitor follow up
- Keeps and updates the church calendar
- Works with the Church Historian to archive a record of church activity and ministry
- Purchases and organizes office supplies for use by staff and volunteers
- Performs general office tasks and maintains an orderly and welcoming office space
- Greets visitors and answers the phone
Communications Support –
- Works with Communications Specialist to ensure content is uploaded to website and print materials are created and kept up to date.
- Work with Communications Specialist and staff to prepare the Weekly Update and Bulletin announcements.
- Responds to requests from parishioners including production of name tags
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields with a combination of education and experience.
- Skills in database management, MS Excel and Quickbooks.
- Experience with managing deposits and reconciling accounts
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly including security systems, phone, office equipment, HVAC systems
- Proven financial acumen and the ability to provide accurate and transparent reporting.
- Experience working in and promoting a mission driven organization.
- Openness to understanding and appreciating the theology of First Congregational Church and the role the church plays in the life of congregants.
- Understanding of nonprofit fund accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication
- Approachable demeanor and a genuine care for people
- Diversity awareness and cultural competency
- Self awareness and knowledge as relates to appropriate boundaries
- Organization and project management skills
- Experience managing vendors andconsultants
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality around sensitive topics
- Ability to act in accordance with strong moral principles and trustworthiness.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.